Best solution to fix QuickBooks activation errors while activating QuickBooks or adding license and product numbers
QuickBooks is one of the most phenomenal and useful accounting software for all types of business owners. QuickBooks serves its users with the best of its services and advanced tools. It provides the safest place for bookkeeping and maintaining all the business accounts to all kinds of business proprietors. There are numerous of users present all over the world. Sometimes, when you try activating QuickBooks desktop in the system then, you may face issues during the activation process. You may also encounter problems when you enter the license and product number.
Here in this post, we will discuss the QuickBooks desktop activation issues when adding license and product numbers. This article will provide you different solutions related to each topic while activating QuickBooks. However, you can save your time and efforts by contacting QuickBooks error support team i.e. +1(844)521-0490. They will look forward to your concern and help you in your ongoing problems that you are facing in your software.
Types of QuickBooks desktop activation errors
There are many common errors that a user can face when you try to activate QuickBooks after installing it. These errors arise with some error messages on the screen:
Error messages are given below:
Error “The validation code is incorrect”.
Error “You have entered incorrect license/product numbers”
Error “This service is temporarily unavailable”.
Important Points to Remember
- See if QuickBooks is working properly
- Match the license number and the product code with the stickers on the QuickBooks product package
- For a downloaded product: See the confirmation email you purchased with Intuit
- If you have purchased QuickBooks on the CD: See a brightly colored sticker on the original CD envelope
- For ProAdvisors: You can visit the member support site for the installation code
How to Fix Error – You have entered incorrect license/product numbers?
Note: Ensure that the license number and the product code match.
You need to check if the license number and product code match:
- Condition 1: If you purchased the QuickBooks Desktop from Intuit official website then you need to check the confirmation email on your registered email id you received from Intuit.
- Condition 2: In case you bought the QuickBooks software from a local store then you can see the sticker on the original CD envelope box.
How to Fix – The validation code is incorrect or This service is temporarily unavailable error?
Given below are the best solutions to repair the QuickBooks activations errors and also the errors that occur when you add license and product numbers.
Solution 1: Install and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- First, download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and save it on your windows desktop.
- Close all open programs on your windows.
- Double-click on ‘QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe‘ and open the tool.
- Click ‘Yes‘ to agree to the ‘license agreement‘.
- Choose ‘Proceed‘ to start the scan. It may take a few minutes.
- After the scan has completed, restart your computer.
- Now, run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
You may also like: How to Convert Data File From QuickBooks Online to Desktop?
Solution 2: Check and verify the date and time settings
- First, close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select ‘Adjust Date/Time‘ from the window taskbar.
- Check if your ‘date and time‘ settings are correct. If they are incorrect then, continue with the next steps.
- Select the ‘Date & Time‘ tab, and then set the date for the current year.
- Select ‘Apply‘, then ‘OK‘.
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop, then go to ‘Help‘.
- Select ‘Register QuickBooks‘ and start Registration.
- Enter the ‘validation code’, then pick next.
Solution 3: Use the QB Refresher tool to close and refresh QuickBooks tasks
- Download the refresher tool from the internet and ‘Save the file‘ on your Windows desktop.
- Then in QuickBooks, finish all open tasks and close QuickBooks desktop.
- Double-click the ‘QBRefresher.exe‘ file to run the program.
- Follow the instructions given on-screen.
- QBRefresher should run for about 30 seconds. Then, open QuickBooks Desktop.
Read this also: Fix QuickBooks has stopped working problem
Solution 4: Reactivate MSXML on your computer
For 64-bit computer
- In the Start ‘menu‘, type cmd.
- Right-click cmd and select ‘Run as Administrator‘.
- At the ‘C: prompt, enter cd\windows\syswow64,’ and then press ‘Enter‘.
- Now, enter ‘regsvr32 MSXML4.dll‘, and then tap ‘Enter‘.
- Also, Enter ‘regsvr32 MSXML6.dll‘, then tap ‘Enter‘.
For a 32-bit computer
- Press ‘Windows key + R‘ to open ‘Run‘ Windows.
- Then type cmd & press ‘Enter‘.
- Type ‘regsvr32 MSXML4.dll’, and then press ‘Enter’.
- Type ‘regsvr32 MSXML6.dll‘ then, Press ‘Enter‘.
Solution 5: Create a new Windows Administrator
For Windows 10
- If you are a windows 10 user, then you need to select the Start tab and then click on settings
- After that, the user needs to select the accounts section and also click the family and other users option
- The user will then have to click on add under the other user icon, in order to add an additional person to the system
- Once done with that, click on I do not have the sign-in information for this person
- And also, click on add users icon without a Microsoft account
- Followed by entering the name of the new account
- The user will then have to click on finish by default icon
- And then click on recently created account as well as click on the account type
- Also, click on drop down menu, and select the admin tab
- The user will then need to click on OK
- And after that logout from windows and also sign in back as a new user
- The last step is to open the QuickBooks desktop and also select the help menu and click on activate QuickBooks icon and then also click on start activation icon
Solution 6: Have a clean installation of QuickBooks
- First, backup your company file data.
- Download the new install file for your version of QuickBooks.
- Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop from your system.
- Then, install the ‘QuickBooks Tools Hub’.
- From this hub, select ‘Clean Install Tool‘.
- Then, reinstall the QuickBooks using the clean install tool.
Solution 7: Resetting the .ecml file
The last solution that one can opt for, especially when none of the above methods worked, is to reset the .ecml file. The user is supposed to enter the license number & product code, in order to finish the installation process & validate the QuickBooks software, during the QuickBooks installation process. Removing .ecml file and then re-entering the license number will surely fix the issue. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to ‘shut down‘ the ‘QuickBooks Desktop‘
- And then, make sure that all the QuickBooks processes are closed
- The next step is to press ‘Ctrl+shift+Esc‘, in order to open the task manager
- Followed by clicking on the ‘process tab‘
- Moving ahead, sort the processes alphabetically by pressing the processor name header
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to ‘open’ the ‘entitlement data folder‘, for QuickBooks version and operating system
- The user needs to press ‘Windows + R‘ to open RUN
- And then, enter the folder location ‘C:\Program Data\ Intuit\ Entertainment Client\version 8 or version 6‘
- The next step in the process is to right click ‘.ecml file‘ and select ‘delete‘ option
- Now, hit ‘yes‘ option, in order to confirm to delete the file
- The last step in the process is to open the company file and follow the instructions to register the application
Hopefully, these steps and solutions given above will surely fix all the QuickBooks activation errors. You can easily identify the errors by going through the causes given in the article. Also, you can handle the error by going through the key points. This post also includes various methods to fix the issues in the activation process and also solving the errors found during adding license and product numbers.
With this, we are ending up this article with a faith that you will show some trust in QuickBooks and will follow the steps and solutions given in this post. For any other query or doubt, contact us on our QuickBooks enterprise support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490. We assure you the best services and solutions for your doubts.
Some other useful articles: