QuickBooks desktop allows the user set different data level permissions for user’s job role. In this way, the user can give access to only the areas of QuickBooks a user requires to do their job. If you are in search of the process to create data level permission in QuickBooks desktop enterprise, then this article will be of much help. To understand it better, the user can give access to a sales rep in Texas so they can create invoices or email customers for their area’s customer group.
The user can also create groups for vendors who he/she is working with. In this post, we will be discussing the process to create data level permission in QuickBooks desktop enterprise. Thus, make sure to stick around till the end. Or give us a call at our toll-free customer support number, and leave the rest on our team of professionals.
Steps to create a restricted role in QuickBooks Desktop
The user can create a restricted role by carrying out the steps below, but before that the user needs to ensure that he/she logs in as the QuickBooks admin and the user must have created customer or vendor groups and custom user roles.
- At first, the user needs to move to the company menu, and then select users. Also, choose setup users and roles
- Followed by, selecting role list tab and selecting either new or choose edit for an existing role
- After that, move to the areas and activities and centers. Also, select either customer center or vendor center
- The next step is to select custom and hit define option
- Also, choose customer/vendor groups to give permission at the group level
- Once done with that the user needs to select the view, modify, delete, print and view balance access levels based on the requirements
- Also, note that creating a new record permission will be global for the role created
- Lastly, select ok to save the role.
Steps to be followed to assign a restricted role to a user
As per the user roles assigned, the user will only be able to view and create transactions and entries for their customer or vendor group. The user can also see the reports based on their group. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
- At first, move to the company menu, and then select users. After that select set up users and roles
- Followed by, selecting either new or select edit for an existing user from the users tab
- Now, enter the user name and password
- And from the available roles, choose the users role and click on Add
- The last step is to hit OK and you are good to go.
We end the article over here with the hope that the information shared in above might help in creating data level permission in QuickBooks desktop enterprise. However, in case of any query or if you get stuck at any point of time, then feel free to call us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be there to clear all your clouds of confusion.