QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting software that has marked its presence in the accounting world. This software is loaded with some amazing features and functionalities. While utilizing these functionalities, a damaged QuickBooks desktop function is a discernible hurdle. In order to repair the damaged QuickBooks Desktop function, users often refer the articles claiming a simple re-installation, an ideal solution. Whereas, in this case, a simple re-install doesn’t actually help in rectifying the error.
In such cases, clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop is a guaranteed solution. Not all the QB users are able to deal with such problems on their own, but this article can be the savior for many. For the ones who seek for expert guidance, or are least interested to resolve the problem on their own, our team of technical experts is available for their rescue at 1(844)521-0490. We own a pool of experts who immaculately deal with the problems associated with QuickBooks Desktop.
You may also read: How to Setup the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
What is Clean Installation of QuickBooks desktop?
Basically, a clean install fixes the issues that hinder in opening the company file. Not only this, the clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop assists in situations like display and template issues, etc. In simple words, this process replaces the QB Desktop software, along with the files that are used to install it. The fear of losing the accounting data might arise in the minds of many QuickBooks users, but it is assured that the clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop software won’t really affect the accounting data, as everything that is present in the company file is not involved in this process at all. Clean install is a step-by-step process, which involves un-installation of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, renaming the installation files, and after that reinstalling the program.
In this article, we have discussed each of the steps of clean installation of QuickBooks desktop for Windows process in detail. Thus, we expect that at the end of this article, the reader might be well updated with the entire procedure of clean installation of QuickBooks desktop. So, without further ado, let us begin with the procedure, but before that let us unleash the prerequisites of uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop:
- It is important to make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop download file or Installation CD, and License numbers are accessible. Once the QuickBooks software is uninstalled from the system, the user must have the product and license number, so as to log in back to the software. In order to ensure beforehand, the user can click on F2 key and then Press Ctrl +1 to open product information
- Also, the QuickBooks users are required to backup their company file, though there are least chances for any data loss, but to be on a safer side is always recommended.
- The user can backup the company files by inserting a flash drive in the system for the backup
- And then, create the backup of the company files for the open QuickBooks
- Also, navigate to the file and then click on the backup company option and this will create a local backup
- After that, the user needs to select between option of local backup or online backup as per the preference. However, it is safe to save files on flash drive as it is a quick way to transfer files back
- And lastly click on next and then follow the onscreen instructions that are mentioned on the screen to complete the backup.
Steps to Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
Firstly checkout the below given Infographic and then read In-depth steps to use QuickBooks clean install tool.
The clean installation process is to be performed in a chronological order. Missing any of the steps may lead to serious consequences. Thus, follow the sequence that we have scribbled below, to avoid any sort of complications.
See this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
#1: Un-Installing the QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, the user is required to press “Windows+ R” keys on the keyboard, in order to view the “RUN” command on the screen of their PC.
- Now head towards the “Control Panel” and then tap on “OK”.
- Once you are done with the second step, it is time for you to select the “Programs and features” option.
- Now from the “Programs list”, select QuickBooks, following by tapping on uninstall.
- Finally, to “Finish” the procedure, the user is required to follow the prompts hat will appear on their screen.
#2: Renaming the Installing folders
In this process, the next step is to rename the installing folders. The QB users can use the Clean Install tool QuickBooks for renaming the folders. This tool automatically renames the old install folders for the users. Not only this, but this tool also allows the QuickBooks to add new install files later at the time of reinstall. For the ones who look for the manual procedure to rename the folders, they can opt for manual rename option and rename the QuickBooks installation folders.
You may also like: How to Rectify QuickBooks Errors 1904 and 1402?
How to Download and RUN QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
Many QB users don’t know the process of downloading QuickBooks Clean Install Tool, for them we have jotted down the steps. Let us have a look:
- First of all, download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.exe file, after that save this on your PC.
- The next step to be performed is to open QuickBooks Clean Install exe.
- Now choose the “I accept” option from the license agreement that appears on the screen of the user.
- Moving forward, the user is required to opt for QuickBooks Desktop version, followed by clicking on Continue.
- The last step is to hit OK, when a message pops up on your screen stating QuickBooks is ready to do a Clean Install, and you can install this to the default directory. And that’s it, you are good to go.
Renaming QuickBooks Desktop Installation Folders manually
The next step to be performed by the QB users is to manually rename the folders, to reflect the hidden files and after that rename the folder location which is listed for the windows version. All they need to do is to Add old or damaged words, where the folder name ends. By performing this action, the users will be able to avoid QuickBooks from recognizing the folder at the time when the user will make the new one.
In case the user faces the error stating the access denied while renaming the folders
If you face the above stated situation, need not worry, as we have a solution for that as well. All you need to do is follow the steps enumerated below:
- The very first step is to right-click on the Windows task bar, after that opt for the task manager.
- Once you have performed the first step, go to the Processes tab and then choose the option Image name column header, for figuring out the processes alphabetically.
- Moving forward, the user is required to choose the QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe. , QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe , respectively following by pressing the ‘END’ option.
The last step is to press yes on the message that appears on the screen stating Warning- in case you end the process that will lead to undesired results including the Data Loss and System Instability.
#3: Re-installation of QuickBooks Desktop
The final step is to download and re-install QuickBooks Desktop. This step completes and brings the clean installation process to an end.
With this step, we come to the end of this article. As we said before, clean installation is a step by step process, and skipping any of the step might create an unwanted problem to the users. While ending this article, we expect that after reading this article, you might be able to deal with the QuickBooks clean installation procedure in the best possible ways. By following the above enumerated steps, you will be able to complete the process in a hassle-free manner.
See this also: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1321?
#4: Gathering Info and back up the data
- The very first step in this process is to download a new install file for the QuickBooks software. Also, ensure that you are getting the latest updates for the version.
- The user needs to keep the license number handy, which can be found on the original packaging or in the purchase confirmation email, in case of the digital version.
- The next step in this process is to write down the year and the version of the product.
- And to end the process, the user needs to ensure to back-up the company file, in order to save the work.
See Also: How to Access QuickBooks Remotely?
Though the article might be enough to understand about performing a clean installation of QuickBooks desktop, but in case any of your query remained unanswered or you are seeking for expert assistance, then without any second thought, you can call our QuickBooks enterprise technical support experts at +1-844-521-0490. They will definitely guide you and clear all your queries.
With years of experience and knowledge, our support team ensures that their clients and customers are fully satisfied with the service they receive.
You might also like: